Per Alberta Health Services: With the removal of most mandatory restrictions, Albertans are encouraged to assess and manage their personal risk during the final stages of the pandemic. It is reasonable for people to continue using precautions that will serve their needs.
For the 2021/2022 season commencing on September 9, 2021, the following safety measures will be observed:
- Proof of double vaccine will be required
- Singers will be spaced the recommended distance from each other
- Masks will be required when moving around but not while sitting and singing
- Singers must commit to staying home if showing any warning signs of COVID-19. Additionally, if singers show symptoms or have a positive COVID-19 test within 72 hours after a rehearsal, choir leadership must be informed.
Starting September 27th, there will no longer be a 10-day isolation requirement for those that test positive and only cases requiring hospitalization will be investigated.
Please note that restrictions in Alberta were lifted on July 1st for:
- Social gatherings indoors – no capacity limits
- Performance activities
- Large events including concerts
The above guidelines may change, and we will be respectful and make every effort to change with them.