The Savridi Singers, a Registered Charitable Organization, is an auditioned treble voice choir in Calgary, AB. We celebrate treble voices through excellence in musicianship, embracing variety, and delivering exceptional performances for our community.
Our values guide all of our endeavors from repertoire selection, how we interact with each other and the commitment each singer brings to the table. We sing, laugh and learn together while enriching our lives with choral music.
Anne Gray is pleased to be the artistic director of the Savridi Singers. She began her post- secondary studies at the University of North Texas, and holds a Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Calgary. Her experience includes teaching a Kodaly-based music program for grades 3-6 with the Calgary Board of Education, pre-school Kodaly classes at Mt. Royal Conservatory, past director of Westwinds Music Society’s Green Choir and Women’s Choir and current director of its Choral Ensemble, and thirteen years of high school choir teaching at Central Memorial High School.
She currently teaches music at W.O. Mitchell elementary school. Anne also works as a guest clinician, conductor and adjudicator with school and community choirs. Anne’s passion as a choir conductor and teacher is to help choirs discover a path to improving vocal technique, musical literacy, performance expression, and appreciation of music’s rich offerings.
Ethan Hill is a keyboardist and composer from Western Canada. In addition to his interest in creative undertakings, he is also interested in and draws inspiration from other fields such as cognitive psychology and historical linguistics, and he often finds himself considering these areas of study in connection with the arts. In an effort to understand how to realize his own creativity more effectively, Ethan has been researching motivational and exploratory functions of cognition in a musical context.
He studied composition with Anna Höstman and piano with Bruce Vogt at the University of Victoria (BMus 2019), where he also held an organ scholar position at St. John the Divine Anglican Church and performed with groups such as Victoria Baroque and the University of Victoria Orchestra. In 2019, Ethan relocated to Montreal to study the organ with Hans-Ola Ericsson at McGill University (Grad. Dip. 2020). During this time, he enjoyed serving as an organist at Christ Church Cathedral and working with the Quatuor Bozzini. Currently, he is based in Alberta, Canada and has the pleasure of working with companies like the Alberta Ballet, Westwinds Music Society and the University of Calgary as well as focusing his free time on his compositional aspirations.
Notable Honours & Events
- Invitation to sing at the opening of Bella Concert Hall at Mount Royal University
- Selected to sing a commissioned piece at 2010 Olympic Torch Relay through Calgary
- Commissioned numerous works from many Canadian composers specifically for Savridi Singers
- Twenty-plus years singing in annual Remembrance Day services at The Military Museums
- Workshop with Manhattan Transfer
- Participation in the Sing for Cure, the Susan G Komen breast cancer fundraiser with Calgary Men’s Chorus
- Sponsor of a treble choir workshop and concert with Morna Edmundson, co-founder of Elektra Women’s Choir
- Participation in children’s concert benefiting the Kids Cancer Care Foundation hosted by the Heebee Jeebies